Friday, June 29, 2018

My Family Trip To Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and Wakayama, Japan - part 2

To read part 1 of my family trip to Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and Wakayama, Japan, please click HERE.

After breakfast at FP Hotel South Namba, we visited Arashiyama Bamboo Grove which is one of the popular attractions in Kyoto. It was an amazing experience standing among all these thick bamboo stalks and breathing the fresh morning air. 





Another popular attraction is the Kinkaku-ji Temple (The Golden Pavilion) which is registered as a World Heritage Site. Gold foil on lacquer covers the upper two levels of Kinkaku and a shiny phoenix stands on top of the roof. This temple looks very beautiful with its reflection on the pond.



After our stroll at the gardens of Kinkaku-ji Temple, we had a simple lunch.



Then we visited Gion which is one of the most well known Geisha districts in Japan. This was my favorite place because of the beautiful architecture of the buildings and tourists were seen dressed in traditional costumes. There were lots of food stalls and souvenir shops here.





My son ringing the bell to make a wish.




At night, we walked to some restaurants nearby our hotel and I was impressed with the restaurant exterior decorations and lightings. There were very colorful and beautiful.






My son enjoying his ramen noodle.

After having our dinner, we walked back to the hotel and slept early because we planned to visit Universal Studios Japan early the next day. We were all very excited especially the kids. To read my blog post about our trip to Universal Studios Japan, click HERE

On our last day of our trip, we visited Wakayama Castle. This beautiful castle serves as a symbol of the Wakayama City and its tower offers a great view of the whole town.



We also visited Kuroshio Market where we watched a man cut a whole tuna with a very sharp knife. 



We ate very fresh seafood here for lunch. It was my first time eating very tasty crab meat. I love the food here.



We visited the breath taking Sandanbeki Rock Cliff which was really beautiful. Seeing the raging waves striking the cliffs and the cool breeze blowing onto my face was exciting and memorable.




My family and I enjoyed our trip to Japan very much. We loved the scenery, food and their culture. The travel experience and memories we had were priceless. We would love to visit Japan again someday. Hope you enjoyed reading my blog post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment