Friday, October 27, 2017

My Famiy Trip To Lost World Of Tambun


My family and I had an enjoyable trip to Lost World of Tambun last week during the Deepavali school holidays. Lost World of Tambun is a 40-acre park under Sunway Group in Sunway City Ipoh, Tambun. It was our first time there and we had so much fun! Lost World of Tambun is a great place for family adventure with Theme Parks, Water Parks, Petting Zoo, Adventure Park, Natural Hot Springs and lots of entertaining shows. Since it was in the month of October, there were lots of scary Halloween decorations.


Dulang Tea House where you can get your food served the old fashion way.

Lost World of Tambun is different from other theme parks because it is surrounded by tropical jungle, 400 million years old limestone caves and natural hot spring. There is also a Tin Valley where you can experience the tin mining history, watch the Tin Story show and try out the tin mining with a 'Dulang'. 


The Tin Story show at Lost World Tin Valley starts at 3.30pm


We visited Hippo Kingdom and saw a real hippo through a glass window. It was my first time seeing a real hippopotamus so near. We learnt that the hippo can close its ears and nostrils underwater for up to 6 minutes before coming up to the surface to breath.




Thanks to Ms. Azwa for showing us around and explaining about the animals, show schedule and things to do at Lost World of Tambun. We really appreciate her hospitality.


Children having fun feeding the deers here.

There are many exciting rides here. Most of these rides are suitable for young kids. Even Lupe's Adventure (Perak's 1st roller coaster ride) is not scary at all.

 My son loves the Merry-Go-Round

 My hubby and daughter said this ride made them feel dizzy. 

Lupe's Adventure was very fun. My daughter and I went on this twice. Can you spot me? I was looking at the camera when hubby took this photo.

When we were there during the Deepavali school holidays, the weather was extremely hot. So cooling ourselves at the Water Park was the best thing to do. There were many small water slides and a big pirate ship at Kids Explorabay. On every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1:30pm, there is the 'Pirates Ahoy' show. Besides that, you can play at the Jungle Wave Pool, Adventure River (Malaysia's longest man-made river), Tube Raiders, Cliff Racer, and Waterfall Beach Garden. 




If you are an animal lover, you should come here because the petting zoo is very big with lots of cuddly animals to pet. My children loved feeding and petting the cute hamsters, guinea pigs, raccoon, rabbits, hedgehogs, birds and even snakes. Walking around the petting zoo was cooling because there were many trees and limestone. 

My kids feeding a raccoon.

Thanks to Gee for showing us around the petting zoo and teaching us more about animals.


My children loved to pet and feed these hamsters.

Love this family photo with birds on our palms.

Different types of Tarantulas (spiders). I love the beautiful limestone here.

There is an interactive panel where visitors can learn a lot more about animals.

Animal show is at 3pm and 4pm at the Lost World Tiger Valley.

Children who are 90cm to 120cm tall can enjoy horse rides here.

Since it was Halloween month, there were many games visitors could play to win Pocky or Eclipse prizes. We had fun playing Witch Broom Hook, Tick Tac Toe and many other games.



My family and I had a lot of fun and adventure at Lost World of Tambun. This was a fun place to visit and learn about animals, tin mining and lots more. My children want to visit again because they really enjoyed themselves. Since the year end school holiday is coming, you can plan a family trip to Lost World of Tambun. For more information, visit their WEBSITE or FACEBOOK.

Lost World of Tambun is also open at night for visitors to enjoy the Hot Spring & Spa. My blog post for my family experience at the Hot Spring & Spa is HERE. For my Lost World Hotel review, click HERE

16 comments:

  1. I seriously can't believe that I have not been here yet..even though for the past one year i have been meaning to visit this place..T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time visiting this place. Plan a trip here, I think you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. What a fun time you had at Lost World of Tambun. I always lose track of time when I am there! I was travelling on Deepavali Day as well and can't agree more with you that it was soooooo hot that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That whole week was very hot. It was so nice to get wet and play in the water.

      Delete
  3. Is quite some time for not been to Lost World after looking at your photos. Really need to have a trip here so that can relax myself with the water theme park xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to plan another trip there. It's so fun.

      Delete
  4. Looks good. wana try their hotspring but heard that cant pre-book.

    Click click,
    Thestepheny-Yesnobabe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can purchase online tickets in advance. Visit their website through the link in my blog post.

      Delete
  5. I wanna visit them soon with my kids. But I always fear of sharing hot spring with public because of the current skin conditions that is quite concerning especially with kids. Cos my husband has psoriasis also... But I might look further into this before booking my trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun family destination. If you are concerned about sharing hot spring, you can skip that.

      Delete
  6. Wow glad the guests can have a good interactions with thr animals. Thanks for this ideal trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, visitors can pet and feed the animals. You're welcome.

      Delete
  7. Such a nice place to visit, I can see many happy faces there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a fun and nice place to visit. Want to visit again.

      Delete
  8. It seems like a really great place for a whole family to visit. Thanks for sharing and for the great photos, too. I'll definitely keep this place in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great place for family vacation.

      Delete