Saturday, July 22, 2017

Sky Avenue Restaurants at Resorts World Genting (36-hours Food Trail) - Part 1


My family loves to visit Resorts World Genting which is 6000 feet above sea level because of the cool weather, great environment and lots of things to do and restaurants to dine in. Last weekend, my children and I dined in at 28 restaurants / F&B outlets during the 36-hours Food Trail organized by the PR team of Resorts World Genting. We received a stamp after dining at each outlet and we were glad to be able to complete the task in time. It was not an easy task but we were happy to be able to try out many different types of food.




My first stop was at Starbucks Reserve where we learnt all about coffee. Starbucks Reserve offers premium and rare coffee beans only available at their cafes and not at any Starbucks stores. The coffee master, Ayesha explained the 3 methods of brewing coffee and gave us some Nicaragua La Roca coffee from Latin America to taste. This coffee has a medium acidity level. It tasted pretty bitter to me. I am not a coffee lover so I do not really know which coffee beans are good.






After this coffee experience, I headed  over to Morganfield's for lunch. This is a non-halal restaurant on level 1 of Sky Avenue. It is very spacious and the staffs were very friendly. They gave us nice paper hats which says 'Feast Like A King'. Morganfield's is celebrating their 6th anniversary this year.




We were served with Bacon Wrapped Meatballs and Onion Blossom which is deep fried onion served with BBQ mayonnaise dressing. This dish is cooked with a RM 3000 machine which only cooks this dish. Then came the tender, succulent Grilled Spare Ribs in Hickory BBQ sauce (also known as Sticky Bones). This spare ribs tasted very delicious and the meat was juicy. My daughter loved the Onion Blossom because it was crispy and tasted nice. It was named Onion Blossom because it looked like a flower.







After a heavy lunch, my children and I wanted something light and we headed to Inside Scoop for ice cream and waffle. It was a sweet and delicious dessert.






Our next stop was light too because we were still quite full. We went to Tian Ma Bird Nest which was on Level 4 of Sky Avenue for some revitalising bird's nests. We were served with 3 types of bird's nests that tasted very delicious. Bird's nests is very healthy and great for maintaining glowing skin. Since bird's nest is expensive and I seldom get a chance to drink this, I was happy to be able to drink 3 bowls which I shared with my children.





Clockwise from the top : Signature Double Boiled Bird's Nest, Bird's Nest with Pear, Bird's Nest with Ginseng Tea

Since Koong Woh Tong was just beside Tian Ma Bird Nest, we dropped by to have our herbal jelly (Gui Lin Gao) which tasted very smooth. My children and I finished this within a few seconds. We were also given 2 bottles of Traditional Chinese Herbal Tea to cool down our heatiness.






I Love You was also on the same 4th level of Sky Avenue. We were given very delicious porridge, soya bean drink, Tao Foo Fa and Yau Char Kwai. The Tao Foo Fa was very smooth, one of the best I have tasted.







After eating at I Love You restaurant, we checked in to our hotel room, took a rest and took our baths before continuing our food trail. For dinner, we went to KyoChon 1991 to have the garlic fried chicken wings, spicy fried chicken wings, garlic rice, salad and soup. Since I do not like garlic, I only ate the salad and spicy fried chicken wings but it was way too spicy and I cried after eating this dish. It has been a long time since I ate something that spicy and cried. 






Our next restaurant was one of my favorite and my children enjoyed dining at DC Comics Super Heroes Cafe. This is a themed restaurant with all the Superhero decorations. It is a great family dining restaurant where all the tables, seats, walls, menu and food was nicely decorated with Superheroes logos and pictures.







It is not only nicely decorated, the food was also very delicious. We ordered the Mera's Ocean Magic which was Balinese Seafood Spicy Spaghetti, The Bat Pod which was tradisional homemade chicken lasagna with lots of macaroni and cheese, and Katana Sliced Hawaiian Pizza which was topped with turkey ham slices, olives, capsicum and pineapples. This pizza was thin crust, crispy and delicious.



We were very full after dining at 8 restaurants on the first day and there were 20 more restaurants to visit the next day. Stay tune to my blog for the continuation of my food trail review and how I managed to visit 20 more restaurants the next day.

My part 2 food trail blog post is HERE.




14 comments:

  1. Your post and food photos are making me drool all over again!!! Morganfield's did not give me any paper hats. They must have ran out when I went there for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they ran out of paper hats. My son loves it because he said he is king. Haha...

      Delete
  2. Great list! My favorite has to be Morganfield's. It looks like a great place to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Sticky Bones. It tasted very tender and delicious.

      Delete
  3. You visited so many stores in such a short period of time. Look at all the good food, I would love to visit all the restaurants there. The comic heros cafe looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could dine at DC Comics Super Heroes Cafe many times without feeling bored because of the colorful decorations and food tasted delicious. There are so many Super Hero displays too.

      Delete
  4. Omg! I also wanna join next time !
    I also wanna try all the nice foods @ sky avenue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to try the delicious food but time was too short. Really wished there was more time so I could really enjoy and not rush.

      Delete
  5. What an experience 36hours eating trail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time and a great experiencing.

      Delete
  6. Omg, i can't imagine how to complete this, must be eating till drop. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very hard. Went to the toilet many times. Haha...

      Delete
  7. Long time not visit Genting..
    So nice, 36-hours to try out all the food outlets there. Nice sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go and visit Genting. Lots of changes there.

      Delete